To advance the Museum's mission by designing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive and integrated marketing and communications program to enhance awareness of and participation in the Chrysler's programs.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an annual institutional communications plan and master communications schedule in collaboration with the Museum's Senior Leadership team.
- Provides oversight, directs, prioritizes, and manages all aspects of Communications (graphic design, publications, social media and web), including direct supervision of personnel, contractors, and budget.
- Develops comprehensive strategy to secure local, regional, national, and international media coverage of the Museum's exhibitions, collections, programs, and other important events.
- Functions as the Museum's brand manager. Ensures brand integrity by maintaining and updating organizational style sheet and other guidelines and ensuring that colleagues are familiar with and using the guidelines.
- Researches and recommends strategies, systems and procedures to improve the Museum's internal and external communications.
- Writes press releases, develops story ideas and marketing plans to increase the organization’s visibility.
- Works with colleagues to develop effective ways to attract and engage new audiences while keep current patrons well-informed.
- Works with travel, hospitality, and economic development partners to promote the Chrysler as a cultural destination.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
B.A. in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related discipline is required. At least 5 years of responsibility in public relations, communications, or marketing, with a proven track record of creating and implementing marketing and communications strategies to advance institutional mission and objectives. Must have prior people management experience, as well.
Must have excellent organizational, planning, supervisory, and communication skills; superior writing skills; and attention to detail. Must be:
- Committed to working closely and collaboratively with colleagues in all areas of the organization.
- Able to think strategically, take initiative, juggle multiple projects, and understand and promote the Chrysler's mission.
- Flexible, adaptable, and ready for change.
- A natural problem solver.
- Able to envision and understand the "big picture" and adjust plans as necessary.
To apply, please send a current resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to email@example.com.