What to Expect
Great art. Great experiences. For everyone. For free.
- A warm welcome
- A relaxed atmosphere (you don't have to dress up)
- A family-friendly environment
- A team of friendly gallery hosts eager to help you get the most out of your visit
- A gift shop with a wide selection of merchandise
- A constantly changing selection of exhibitions
- Free strollers and wheel chairs
- A cafe for light meals and refreshments
- Free daily docent tours
- Free gallery activity sheets and treasure hunts for children
- Gallery sketching stations with supplies
- Coming this fall: daily demonstrations and classes in the Glass Studio
- A regular schedule of concerts, lectures, tours and films
- Audio tours of the permanent collection and special exhibitions (free to Members, $3 all others)
Photography for personal use is allowed, but no flashes or tripods, please.
We follow the basic rules of all museums for protecting the collection—no touching the art, no food or drink in the galleries, and no smoking.
Before you come, consider downloading a copy of our Visitor Guide.
Our Gallery Hosts are fun-loving people, so when in doubt, ask the people wearing the pale blue. To answer your question in advance, yes, you can buy that Tiffany-inspired umbrella in The Museum Shop.